Monday, June 29

i'm a go i'm a go i'm a go gettah...






















____________________________

in drake news:
finally signed the dotted line NUKKAH.


_____________________________________




________________________________________

_______________________________
My Horoscope: Taurus



If things don't go right today, you might not express all that's on your mind because you don't want to stir up any trouble at work. Although your strategy appears to be the result of common sense, your suppressed feelings can create a commotion anyhow. Others may think you are being difficult and that you are hard to get along with now. It's better to speak your piece, as long as you don't try to place blame on anyone else.
___________________________________



________________________________



____________________________________
http://theurbandaily.blackplanet.com/music/video-premier-jay-z-death-of-autotune/
_____________________________________


NECOLEBITCHIE on the BET Awards....

I’m on a layover but had to address a few questions, rumors and random stuff regarding the BET awards last night. Check it:

Why Didn’t BET allow Chris Brown to perform?
If you are like me, you were under the impression that BET would allow Chris Brown to perform a tribute to Michael Jackson this year at their awards show. Especially after an appearance from Don Cornelius (who beat his wife), I thought the Chris Brown performance was a “go”. However the BET AWards show ended with a performance by Ne-Yo (who had took to the stage atleast 3 times prior) and Jamie Foxx but no Chris Brown.

From what I hear, Chris Brown really wanted to perform at this year’s Awards show and was willing to pay to make it happen (hmmm). In fact, I hear BET eventually gave him the green light to perform before calling him back with the news that it probably wouldn’t be in their best interest. Why??? Let’s just say, Cover Girl (endorsed by Rihanna) was one of the sponsors of this year’s BET Awards and they threatened they would pull their sponsorship from the Awards show if they allowed Chris to perform. Of course whatever the amount was that Chris “allegedly” was willing to pay wouldn’t offset the money lost from the Cover Girl sponsorship and BET would be better off turning Chris down than to tarnish their relationship with CG. *this could be rumor but I heard this from a very reliable source*. Also, I’m hearing that Jay-z told BET if Chris performed then he would pull out but again this is just rumor.

Why Didn’t Kanye West perform?
I’m still trying to figure this one out and if you find out, please let me know. I doubt it has anything to do with being stuck up his girl’s azz. (the running joke on Twitter)

Where was Usher?
Apparently Usher was overseas and could not take part in this year’s festivities. I received this statement from his publicist:

“It is with regret that I am unable to participate in the BET Awards Tribute to Michael Jackson on June 28th. When the BET Awards producers and organizers reached out to me to participate in the tribute, I was extremely flattered and humbled by the opportunity to pay tribute to the world’s greatest musical icon. Unfortunately, I am currently overseas and would not make it back in time to the Awards show. I look forward to seeing the show and I plan to work on a tribute to Michael Jackson when I return.”
What happened to Drake?
I know Drake’s performance was a little odd. Who performs an entire rap song at an Award’s show while sitting down. I was curious to how he was going to work out his performance as soon as he walked into the Shrine with a cane. If that didn’t give folks flashbacks of Degrassi!!

He announced on twitter that he tore his ACL (ligament in the knee) while playing basketball a few days before the show. Sounds VERY painful but congrats to “Drake’s ACL” for making Trending topics last night on twitter.

Why is the homie Q Tip So Mad At BET?
Via His Twitter last night:

What does BET stand for guys?

RT @Ashiya_ANS: @QtipTheAbstract 1.) Brainwashing-Every-Teen 2.) Blatant-Ego-Trippin’ 3.) Bad-Ethinc-Television

RT @moprice: @QtipTheAbstract Blacks Exploited Terribly

how do u have chaka khan at the bet awards and she doesnt sing her cover of got to be there

BET is f*cking trash!!!
Dizzzaaaaam!! i am disappointed there was no dance tribute but well… it was what it was…
Was Joe Jackson Serious????
I walked out of the Awards the same time as Joe Jackson and there was a Michael Jackson look alike walking a few steps ahead of him. I know i wasn’t tripping! But anyway, the question at hand is: Did Joe really promote his record label while speaking to CNN about Michael’s death on the red carpet. What kind of tomfoolery??? I think he came to the awards to get on. SMH…
___________________________


10:45pm Blackberry juice ran out before the end of the show.

Maxwell was a class act with his “pretty wings” performance. Janet Jackson made an emotional surprise apperance. The Michael Jackson tribute featured Jamie Foxx and Ne-yo. I don’t know why I thought it was going to be a bigger bang!

Questions I need answers to:
Why did BET end the show on such a sad note?

Why did Kanye show up but didn’t perform although it was publicized that he would?

Why wasn’t there a dance tribute. Michael was a performer. An entertainer.

Why did Beyonce perform the same exact performance of “ava Marie” from her concert set?

The placement of Young Money’s “Every Girl” in the show was just odd. We just listened to The Ojay tribute, Maxwell, Bell Biv Devoe, Guy, Keith Sweat. Tevin Campbell and then Lil Wayne? We gots to do better…

The show was definitely dedicated to R & B
and all the hip hop acts just seemed out of place.

Also, I need to see the reruns because according to my twitter friends the broadcast and production was a hot mess i enjoyed the show so I beg to differ.

By the way,I will post why Chris Brown didn’t perform tomorrow! Bye!
_____________________________


____________________

just an over all disaster.
dissapointment.
sad.

___________

____________________-

No comments:

Post a Comment